How does Dobot's color sensor work?
The system is comprised of the:
- Servo motors - DC motors that are equipped with a servo mechanism for the purpose of controlling precise angular position.
- usually have a rotation limit ranging from 90° to 180°. The rotation of these motors is restricted in between the fixed angles.
- Color sensor - detects the specified color of the object
- Microcontroller - reads this from the data at its input ports
- transfers signal to the servo motor drivers to activate the arm to pick the object and drop it to the place defined by programming of controller.
- Input ports - provides power to the attachments through the Dobot.
DOBOT must do the following:
- Dobot must accurately and safely PICK up a container using the gripper.
- Dobot must securely transport the container to the color sensor for identification of Red, Green, or Blue.
- Dobot must safely and accurately place down the container inside the circle without touching the outside.
If you need some help visualizing the project watch this Lesson 3 video.
- decreased time consumption
- less expensive
- easier to implement
- color sensor
- stepper & servo motors
- distance sensor