This module is only for the instructors. See the Teaching Tips for details.
"Kara decided to build her house out of straw. Brad built his house out of sticks. Sandy saw her brother and sister's choices and thought to herself 'I think a house made out of brick would be the best. The straw and sticks will fall down under the slightest breeze! Also, a brick house will keep the temperature nice inside. I will build my house out of bricks!”'
Oliver and Liam are baking a cake. Oliver realizes that he accidentally used salt instead of sugar in the cake. Oliver tells Liam what happened. Liam says, _______________.
You've learned about how authors create characters through what the characters say. You identified a character trait based on what a character said and explained why this shows they have that character trait. You will now create your own character using the animated say function in Choregraphe.
How to change the virtual robot to Pepper:
1) Click the Choreographe menu and go to Preferences
2) Click the Virtual Robot tab.
3) Choose Pepper Y20 (V16) from the drop down menu.
4) Close the Choreographe application, then open it again and you’ll see Pepper!
How to write your program:
1) Go to the Box libraries area on the bottom left of your screen.
2) Open “Speech” then “Creation” and find “Animated Say”
3) Drag it from the box library to the flow diagram.
4) Right click the box and choose Set Parameters to change what Pepper says.
5) Change the text.
6) Connect your box to the Universal Start and the Universal Stop.
Now click at the top of the screen to run your code (and remember to save).
How to connect to the robot:
1) Find these buttons at the top left corner of your Choreographe window.
Click green to connect, other to disconnect
2) Click this to connect to the virtual robot.
3) Click this to connect to a real robot.