Challenge: Landing Pad
Create a program so your CoDrone takes off, flies towards a landing pad, and then lands on the landing pad.
- The starting place and the landing pad shouldn't change once the challenge has started, but you can change your code after testing it out.
- The CoDrone has to move on its own --- no remote control programs!
If you want to make the challenge more competitive, turn the target into a bullseye and give each section a different point value. The middle of the board should have the highest number of points, and the edges of the board should have the least amount of points.
Activity: Figure eight
Use what you just learned to create a figure eight in the air with your drone!
The only rule: your drone should move in a digital figure eight, so it should be all straight lines with no curves.
Just like the Pin Point mission, the goal of this mission is to take off and land in a specific area. Instead of using timers for this mission, you are going to use one button on your keyboard (you pick which one!) to control your CoDrone.
How to play
- Set up a starting zone and a landing zone. You should take off from the starting zone and land in the landing zone using only one key and, if needed, a kill switch.
- Begin by placing your CoDrone in the starting zone. When you're ready, start your code to have your CoDrone land in the landing zone!
- Keep your finger on the key you're using to control your CoDrone and make sure you time all of your CoDrone's movements so it lands in the landing zone. If that doesn't work, you can always use your kill switch to land.
- Review and modify your code based on how your CoDrone flew, and then repeat all steps until you're successful.
- If you need to, you can use a kill switch to have your CoDrone land in the landing zone.
- If there are multiple competitors, take turns!
- All parts of the CoDrone that are touching the ground must be within the landing zone for it to count.
- Each competitor gets the same set time to complete the challenge.
- The first competitor to successfully land in the landing zone wins!